Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mayoral thoughts

While doing some research for my previous post, I found this interesting and rare blog that I wasn't able to fit in, so here's a quick post about it.

Wicked Local, the same branch of GateHouse Media that operates the Watertown blog, also hosts a blog by Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone.

I think the blog is great. Previous posts read like pre-written speeches, but lately its been coming alive.

Curtatone doesn't post too often, but when he does, it's pretty entertaining. In his latest post, he calls out the Tufts Daily, the university's student publication, for saying fewer people showed up at a youth meeting Curtatone attended at the university. He also gives short responses to reader comments. Usually the comment's are about parking, which make for a good back-and-forth.

What would really ruin what is and could be a really great blog is if the author isn't actually Curtatone and is really one of his staffers. I have my suspicions, but decide for yourself.

No comments: